A new alpha Tor Browser release is available for download in the 6.0a3 distribution directory and on the alpha download page.
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This release bumps the versions of several of our components, e.g.: Firefox to 38.7.0esr, Tor to 0.2.8.1-alpha, OpenSSL to 1.0.1s, NoScript to 188.8.131.52 and HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.1.4.
Additionally, we fixed long-standing bugs in our Tor circuit display and window resizing code, and improved the usability of our font fingerprinting defense further.
Here is the full changelog since 6.0a2:
Tor Browser 6.0a3 -- March 8
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 38.7.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.2.8.1-alpha
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1s
- Update NoScript to 184.108.40.206
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 5.1.4
- Update Torbutton to 220.127.116.11
- Bug 18030: Isolate favicon requests on Page Info dialog
- Bug 18297: Use separate Noto JP,KR,SC,TC fonts
- Bug 18170: Make sure the homepage is shown after an update as well
- Bug 16728: Add test cases for favicon isolation
- Bug 18292: Disable staged updates on Windows