Tor 0.2.6.5-rc is the second and (hopefully) last release candidate in the 0.2.6. It fixes a small number of bugs found in 0.2.6.4-rc. It is the smallest 0.2.6 release to date, but has a couple of important fixes.
You can download the source from the website; I'd hope that the releveant packages will be online before long, and that this will ship with the next TorBrowser.
If you're curious about all the cool features coming up in Tor 0.2.6, I wrote a post about it a couple of weeks ago.
Changes in version 0.2.6.5-rc - 2015-03-18
- Major bugfixes (client):
- Avoid crashing when making certain configuration option changes on clients. Fixes bug 15245; bugfix on 0.2.6.3-alpha. Reported by "anonym".
- Major bugfixes (pluggable transports):
- Initialize the extended OR Port authentication cookie before launching pluggable transports. This prevents a race condition that occured when server-side pluggable transports would cache the authentication cookie before it has been (re)generated. Fixes bug 15240; bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- Major bugfixes (portability):
- Do not crash on startup when running on Solaris. Fixes a bug related to our fix for 9495; bugfix on 0.2.6.1-alpha. Reported by "ruebezahl".
- Minor features (heartbeat):
- On relays, report how many connections we negotiated using each version of the Tor link protocols. This information will let us know if removing support for very old versions of the Tor protocols is harming the network. Closes ticket 15212.
- Code simplification and refactoring:
- Refactor main loop to extract the 'loop' part. This makes it easier to run Tor under Shadow. Closes ticket 15176.